Sr Technical Support Consultant at Allscripts
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Requisition ID 2018-15478
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 2018-05-14
Category Client Service/Support
Job Category Client Service/Support
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide higher-level technical support to customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., instant message, email). The incumbent will assess the nature of system or service issues and resolves technical or sophisticated support problems through independent judgment and advanced problem solving skills. He or she will also maintain a log of system issues and conveys customer feedback to product development staff, possess a high level knowledge of organization's products, and assist field technicians who are troubleshooting problems or repairing products.
- Interact with customers to help troubleshoot and resolve highly complex technical product problems or issues
- Diagnose and resolve complex customer questions or problems over the telephone/Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality, and bugs/enhancements
- Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues
- Document problems and solutions to train lower-level support on how to properly address customer or product problems
- Communicate with product development department to improve on current design or to identify possible problems with design
- Stay abreast of current technology in products, design changes, and new products offered
- May travel to client site in order to resolve extremely complex customer and product issues
- Expected to provide mentoring, training and training content development for customer and Support employees
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/IT or relevant work experience
- At least 1 Professional/Technical certification obtained and maintained
- Typically requires 4 - 7 years experience with healthcare products in a support, development or consultancy environment, of which at least 3 - 5 years experience is in developing or supporting the assigned products and a demonstrated competence in functional or technical components of the assigned products
- Minimal Travel May Be Required
- Able and willing to work on 'shifts' or to be on an 'after hours' beeper rotation
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.