Engraving Technician - La Mirada,CA (full-time) at Batesville Logistics Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: La Mirada, California
Job Title: Options Technician
Location: La Mirada, CA
General Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Who we are
With annual revenues of nearly $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, and leading-edge technology designed to help funeral directors succeed. The company’s relentless pursuit of quality, customer service and innovation has propelled Batesville to the forefront of the death care industry.
While products and services have changed over time, Batesville’s mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love ®has remained the same for more than 100 years.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Receive orders for Options Products (urns) to be shipped directly to funeral homes, some personalized via the use of an engraving machine and others non-personalized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and engraving urns
- Inspect urns to ensure they meet exceptional quality standards
- Responsible for accurate order fulfillment and inventory control
- Complete general administrative and warehouse duties as directed
- Engrave custom orders (laser or mechanical engravings, or sand blasting) and prepare for shipment
- Maintain and trouble shoot engraving equipment
- Maintain all daily reports and reporting
- Interact and communicate with Batesville-based Options associates and Options customers
- Other duties may be assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Be able to make quality judgments and handle all inventory issues, poor quality, correct inventory counts
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 1 to 3 years related work experience and/or training
- Knowledge of programs such as Coral Draw 10.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, short term disability, among others.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- Competitive pay
- Vacation, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Bonus eligibility