Mechanical Engineer at Varex lmaging
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Works in an R&D environment to develop fixturing and tooling solutions required to manufacture high-quality x-ray tubes. Designs x-ray tube components with focused attention on critical functional requirements. Performs structural, rotordynamic, and other analyses or coordinates this effort with others. Develops test protocols for new and modified tooling and components. Coordinates efforts to test hypotheses and run experiments. Collaborates with other engineers and technicians in their development efforts.
Key Duties and Job Tasks:
* Designs and adapts fixturing and tooling for critical manufacturing processes
* Tests fixturing and tooling for functionality and the ability to meet required specifications
* Develop and run experiments to test hypotheses and improve outcomes
* Maintains records of test protocols and prototype builds
* Works with vendors to process components and ensure that specifications are met
* Designs various x-ray tube components, including detailed form and dimensional tolerances
* Determines scope of process development and other activities required to meet project objectives
* Create and execute simulations including thermal, fluid, and rotordynamic models
* Works collaboratively with other departments to procure components, tooling, and fixtures
Skills and Knowledge
* Ingenious mechanical design of tools and fixtures
* Experience designing and analyzing components for rotating assemblies is a plus
* Concrete understanding of appropriate dimensional and form tolerancing schemes, including GD&T Demonstrated experience working with technical personnel to meet aggressive timelines and budgets
* Highly motivated, self-driven, organized, high attention to detail
* Demonstrated integrity, initiative, innovation, and passion
* Significant simulation experience, especially with fluid, thermal, and dynamic systems using ANSYS a plus
* Experience developing and verifying processes or equipment for electro-mechanical assemblies
* Proficient in presenting technical information in both oral and written formats
* Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience with MATLAB is a plus
* Knowledge of design processes and approaches, optimization, and manufacturing processes
* Bachelor s degree (or equivalent experience) and 8 years of mechanical engineering experience or Master s Degree with 6 years of mechanical engineering experience.
TIME TYPE:Full time
WORK SHIFT:First Shift
PAY RATE TYPE:Salary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.