Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Varex Imaging THIN-FILM SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER is responsible for the monitoring, sustaining, and supporting day-to-day thin film manufacturing processes using PVD and E-beam techniques, including providing technical support to ensure process reliability; verifying process robustness with characterization of process latitudes through experimentation; improving the efficiency of deposition; developing and implementing practices or methodologies which reduce cost and improve operational efficiency; conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective action; and improving production yields via process/tool manufacturability optimization.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Monitors, sustains, and supports day-to-day thin film manufacturing processes, programs, and activities for Cesium Iodide: Thallium Iodide scintillator deposition using various PVD tools and Aluminum deposition using EBPVD
* Ensures process reliability by providing technical support to operators, technicians, and other engineers
* Improves the efficiency of deposition processes analyzing data, conducting experiments, and researching alternative methods which reduce scrap
* Designs and conducts advanced experiments to verify process robustness with characterization of process latitudes
* Develops and implements practices or methodologies which lower cost, reduce cycle time, and improve operational efficiency
* Conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective action if required
* Responds to inquiries from other team members, managers, or departments
* Uses Statistical Process Control (SPC) to analyze product quality data; develops charts or reports and presents findings before groups or teams
* Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as required
* Must be comfortable working in a clean room environment for 50% of the time
* Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or Physics
* 8+ years of hands on experience working in magnetic thin film fabrication or semiconductor industry in a manufacturing or process engineering role
* 8+ years of experience using PVD/EBPVD and other thin film deposition techniques or processes
* 8+ years of experience in SPC and Design of Experiments (DOE)
* 8+ years of experience with automated vacuum control systems from vendors (such as Balzers, Leybold, DynaVac, SCS and Vacuum Process Technologies)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Master's or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or Physics
* Cesium Iodide: Thallium Iodide scintillator experience.
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
You re just one click away from the most impactful work you ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
TIME TYPE:Full time
WORK SHIFT:Weekend - First Shift
PAY RATE TYPE:Salary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.