Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Selah, Washington
POSITION: Maintenance Mechanic - Ross Plant
JOB ID: 815
# OF OPENINGS: 0
Maintain, repair and lubricate equipment and machinery utilizing tools, methods, and resources available. Fabricate items and give maintenance support to produce quality products efficiently while communicating effectively.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices.
It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicated key personnel with the authority to take action. THIS IS A REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE--NOT TO IMPLY A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS.
* MAINTAIN EQUIPMENT AND PARTS
* Respond to operators and co-workers mechanical needs
* Monitor equipment and machinery to identify parts that may be about to fail or break down
* Make repairs to machinery and equipment as needed
* Adjust machinery as needed
* Lubricate equipment and machinery as required
* Operate equipment and machinery to ensure it is functioning properly
* Rebuild all process equipment within the plant
* Ensure proper operation of boilers, equipment and compressors for safety
* Ensure proper electrical integrity of systems
* PERFORM PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
* Monitor processes to identify areas of opportunity for improvement
* Improve processing and packing systems throughout plant to increase efficiencies
* Perform special projects as required
* FABRICATE AND REBUILD EQUIPMENT OR MACHINERY AS REQUIRED
* Identify needed repairs
* Provide fabricated tools and equipment to meet process needs
* Utilize all maintenance tools, equipment and materials appropriately
* Ensure that repairs are cost effective
* Make repairs in timely manner
* Follow GMP's when making repairs
* COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY
* Exchange information with supervisors and co-workers regarding process needs
* Notify supervisor or Master Craftsman when potential problems need attention
* Receive appropriate information to accomplish needed tasks
* Train other mechanics by sharing skills and knowledge
* Oversee that mechanical duties are being completed
* Receive information from lab personnel regarding customer requirements
* Delegate mechanical duties to co-mechanics as required
* Notify production supervisor when leaving work area
* PERFORM PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
* Identify possible trouble areas
* Lube equipment and machinery as required
* Adjust equipment and machinery as required
* Correct causes and problems of malfunctions
* Identify causes of premature breakdowns
* COMPLETE PAPERWORK
* Complete log entries
* Complete parts usage sheet
* Enter special projects started and completed on special project list
* Fill out work orders for work completed or needed
* Fill out parts orders
* Complete daily shift reports
* SET UP EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY
* Receive information on process changes and setup
* Bring new or changed equipment to area
* Remove or change parts to meet process requirements
* Adjust equipment to provide smooth operation
* OPERATE EQUIPMENT AS NEEDED
* Operate equipment to check for needed repairs or check for repairs made
* Operate forklifts and trucks as needed
* Wear seat belt
* PERFORM MAINTENANCE IN ASSIGNED AREA
* Perform Atlas Peeler maintenance
* Perform line mechanic duties for full plant area
* TEGRA Ability to set up and troubleshoot TEGRA
* MAINTAIN GMPS
* Perform both on-going and week-ending sanitation duties as required
* Ensure cleaning procedures are followed
* Use proper cleaning/sanitizing chemical-handling procedures and equipment
* Maintain a clean work area; keep floors swept, brooms, squeegees, etc. in proper place; empty trash cans/bins as needed
* Adhere to GMP standards throughout the entire plant
* ENSURE FOOD SAFETY BY FOLLOWING HACCP (HAZARD ANALYSIS & CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS)
* Maintain personal cleanliness, wash hands frequently, wear hairnet, wear sanitary gloves
* Do not store chemicals too close to food products
* Avoid spilling oil or cleaning fluids on food products
* Avoid cross-contamination
* Follow color code policy
* Follow proper procedures, practices, training
* Be familiar with all process flow diagrams
* Know all critical control points in all processes; i.e. metal detection
* LOCK-OUT TAG-OUT
* Make sure to have a complete and clear understanding of all Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures
* Use proper Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures at all times (washing/cleaning machinery, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or one to three years training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of electrical control systems and troubleshooting knowledge and/or experience.
* Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules and write routine reports.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Washington State Driver s License
* Forklift Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pound. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to make repairs and adjustments on process, distance vision to view the process and operate equipment, color vision to identify wiring and color of product, peripheral vision to work on equipment and see forklift traffic, depth perception for repairing equipment and fabrication, and ability to adjust focus to ensure the safety of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is also regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and vibrations. There is frequently risk of electrical shock.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.