Lead Architect at Spectrum
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
As senior level individual contributor technologist role, contributes to the formulation of architecture approaches to specific Charter development initiatives. Participates in high-level of collaboration and coordination with other architecture groups across the Charter Product and Technology organizations. Assigned complex projects that require cross-functional consultations across the organization under the direction of the Chief Architect. Provides mentorship for more junior architects on the team. Keeps current with trends and technological innovations in the Cable and IT industry, and make appropriate development recommendations
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides deep subject matter expertise for an assigned technology domain.
* Formulates criteria for and execute proofs-of-concept for new approaches and platforms.
* Provides technical assistance to development and operations personnel on new system projects and existing systems, and provide formal skills development training and informal mentoring to other employees.
* Leads collaborations with business and technical teams to review conflicts/gaps between functional goals and existing capabilities.
* Provides written documentation for business and technical teams of those discussions and conclusions.
* Develops and document best practices for code development, version control, test automation and build automation.
* Collaborates with development managers and project teams to review project code trees for compliance with best practices for code development, version control, test automation and build automation.
* Participates in enterprise project prioritization planning with executive management
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Proven analytical skills to solve complex technology and business problems.
* Inquisitive nature. Eager to explore new concepts and approaches
* Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
* Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
* Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
* Advanced knowledge of software development and delivery
* Expert knowledge of currently used programming languages (Java, node.js, etc.)
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
* 10 or more years Technical experience in software engineering and architecture
* Proven delivery of architecture and design of highly scalable software platforms
* Demonstrated experience with software architecture design
* Experience in vendor product evaluation and recommendations for possible adoption
* Technical background in software development by previously holding a position as a software architect.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Cable experience a plus.
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.