Manager, Procurement-Indirect Sourcing, IT Services at Spectrum
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Do you want to be a valuable member of an engaged and modern procurement organization that has invested in best in class technology and is focused on the Business priorities over its own procurement plans? Can you work in fast-paced dynamic work environment? Can you remain calm under pressure? Are you able to identify clear steps for achieving objectives while still building personal relationships? Can you work and think creatively and identifying alternate solutions to problems? If you answer Yes to these questions, then we want you.
Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. A Fortune 100 company who employs over 90,000 employees in the US with revenue of $29B, Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet access, and Spectrum Voice . More information about Charter can be found at www.spectrum.com.
Responsible for various Indirect spend categories across the enterprise. Scope include negotiating master agreements, reviewing statements of work, and other activities to support the indirect category. Leads cross functional teams to strategically select products and suppliers ensuring the best possible price, quality, service, and overall terms. Pursues opportunities to reduce costs, minimize risk and improve business conditions. Partners with internal stakeholders to identify and define their requirements. Drafts, negotiates and manages complex contracts. Provides on-going supplier relationship management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Leads the negotiation and contract management of large-scale, enterprise-wide volume purchase agreements under the guidance of senior team members.
* Proactively strategizes with business and technical owners to understand the needs of the organization.
* Leads cross-functional teams to develop meaningful requirements to ensure quality responses from suppliers.
* Researches and develops adequate sources of supply. Leads cross-functional supplier selection activities through the management of formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
* Evaluates the financial stability of potential suppliers.
* Performs required business analysis with a strategic focus on total cost of ownership.
* Provides fact-based recommendations to executive level management.
* Continuously seeks out cost savings opportunities and leads efforts to realize those savings.
* Manages overall supplier performance including, acting as an escalation point in the event of non-performance.
* Develops a strategic category plan based on an understanding of business goals and objectives, the supply market and competitive benchmarking. Effectively documents, communicates and gains buy-in across the organization to ensure alignment.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of contract terms and conditions
* Strong negotiating skills with the ability to adapt and improvise
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Ability to supervise and motivate others
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
* Thorough understanding of the P2P process and ability to identify appropriate solutions for spend categories.
Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
Related Work ExperienceNumber Of Years
Procurement contract negotiation and contract 3+
Electronic procurement and or contract solutions experience 1-3
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.