Network Engineer III Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity. Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of network architecture and designs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
* Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
* Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
* Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
* Develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
* Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
* Provides escalated tier support across organizations and to third party vendors.
* Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
* Coaches less experienced staff.
* Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
* Knows, understands and follows company policy.
* Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications
* Advanced data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
* Advanced Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
* Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
* Advanced Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
* Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
* Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Understanding of Spectrum Enterprise products and design standards.
* Experience with Ethernet and Optical networks.
* Cisco, Alcatel (Nokia), Juniper, and/or Ciena equipment experience.
* Experience with a large campus, enterprise, or carrier MPLS/BGP networks.
* Design or Operations experience with a Network Service Provider.
* Experience creating Bill of Materials (BOMs) to deploy network equipment.
* Experience documenting equipment and circuit design with Visio drawings.
* Working experience with Telcordia Granite inventory and circuit database.
* Understanding of DC and AC power planning and deployment for network equipment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
* Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
Related Work ExperienceNumber of Years
* Data network experience 5
* Office Environment
* Occasional travel as required
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.