Sr Hadoop Developer at Spectrum
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Responsible for development and implementation of Big Data Projects such as Viewership Data Lake. Resolve issues regarding development, operations, implementations, and system status. Designs, develops, modifies, enhances and implements software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives by using Big Data technologies (Hadoop Eco system, Spark, Talend, AWS) to help deliver projects. Provide mentorship and coaching to entry, junior and associate level team members, including interns, to ensure a effective assimilation to the team and resource for professional growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works closely with all technical development teams on optimal utilization of Big Data solutions and Apache Open Source Software
* Integration with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Codes and performs unit and integration testing on following Hadoop ecosystem tools like HDFS, Hive , Yarn, Flume, Oozie, Kafka, Storm, Scala, Spark and Spark Streaming including Nosql database knowledge to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
* Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software
* Designs and writes programs according to functional and non-functional requirements
* Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
* Reviews and provides input into development standards
* Develops and maintains technical documentation
* Develop and deploy Data Integration using Talend
* Serves as final escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements
* Collaborates with internal customers, technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems
* Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback
* Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
* Mentors and coaches less experienced staff
* Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
* Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
* Analyzes and resolves computer related problems by coordinating with in-house personnel to diagnose and fix operational issues, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions
* Follows established configuration/change control processes
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
6 plus years experience with major DBMS
6 plus years experience with coding, testing and design
6 plus years experience with software development methodologies
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.