Senior Manager, IT Security Infrastructure at Spectrum
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Responsible for implementing security solutions that protect Charter Communications (a Fortune 100 Company) and support its mission. Carries ownership of the company s IT Security Infrastructure. Develops a strategy for integrating security tools to maximize their impact. Reports to executives on security concerns and strategy. Implements IT standards, policies, and master plan to grow Charter s IT Security profile. Manages the development and acquisition of new technologies and tools to improve the organization's internal operations and data delivery. Implements new technological directions and manages the organization in the deployment. Tests new cutting-edge security technology. Leads a team of IT Security Administrators and Principal Technologists to meet these goals while mentoring and helping them grow their professional development. Passion for working in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Oversees and represents the IT Security Infrastructure team within the organization.
* Implements security strategy plans in alignment with IT and corporate strategy
* Manages the maintenance and enhancement of security-related hardware and software systems that support the enterprise.
* Ensures compliance with IT standards, policies and procedures
* Accountable for the function's budgets
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Familiar with current security technologies from various vendors
* Experience managing a team of security technologists, with demonstrated ability to motivate and align the members
* Experience presenting to senior level audience
* Experience working in large environment
* History of time investment in self-development in technical and non-technical areas
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
* A team player with the ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with all groups is essential
* Ability to multi-task and handle on a proactive basis, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to maximize time-management and efficiencies
* Demonstrated ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
* Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
* Ability to exercise, on a regular basis, independent judgment and discretion in performance of job duties
* Ability to recruit, motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
5 to 7 years IT security work experience
3 to 5 years Leadership experience
2 to 4 years Project management experience
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.