Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
This position is responsible for contributing to a multi-year product roadmap and strategy for Spectrum Enterprise s Hosted Communications portfolio. The Product Manager will lead the evaluation of newly emerging technologies and trends, demonstrate proof of concept outcomes and translate these into compelling products and services targeted to Spectrum s enterprise and mid-market customers. This role will continuously assess competitive feature gaps, gather customer requirements and drive new product initiatives to increase market penetration and revenue growth. The Product Manager will lead the development effort and engage cross functionally with Engineering, Operations, Customer Care, IT and external vendors to define the technical and functional requirements from which the systems will be built to support a new product initiative.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to deliver a comprehensive, best-in-class customer experience and product portfolio that satisfies the current and future needs of our enterprise customers.
* Support the development activity associated with the Spectrum Enterprise Hosted Communications roadmap.
* Focus on assessing new technologies and innovative solutions and translate those into defined proof of concepts evaluations
* Evaluate, interpret, and provide strategic direction for new product services, features and functionality across the Hosted Communications portfolio and deliver a seamless customer experience.
* Familiar with the agile framework, working methodology as well as industry best practices in product development.
* Manage the Product Development Lifecycle, including:
* Author business/product requirements and oversee and compile the end to end functional requirements.
* Write user stories and test cases
* Oversee and project manage the development team s effort
* Certify products that are developed prior to release
* Operate product trials when appropriate
* Write/update product guides.
* Build and manage strong working relationships with the cross-functional teams including Engineering, Operations, UX, Customer Care, Sales, Sales Support, Order Fulfillment and external vendors needed to drive an efficient development effort for new enterprise voice initiatives.
* Ensures communication with all stakeholders is being managed effectively.
* Manage priorities and scope for release planning
* Represent the company at industry forums, events and associations.
* Product Development and/or Product Management Experience
* Ability to learn new technologies and assess value to business goal and strategy
* Ability and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
* Ability to manage and foster change
* Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
* Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
* Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
* Ability to understand complex and technical concepts and translate them into simplified product attributes to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
* Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Aptitude for technical products
* Good organizational and office management skills
* Excellent cognitive and communication skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
* BA/BS Degree in Business or Technical Degree related to the Telecommunications field.
* MBA or relevant Master Degree is a plus
Related Work Experience
* Product Development, Product Management, Solution Engineering 5-7 years
* Cable, Telecommunications, or Enterprise IT 5-7 years
* Experience writing technical systems requirements
* Experience in Cable, Telecommunications is preferred
* Business-to-business experience preferred
* Office Environment.
* Travel up to 15%
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.