Behavioral Health Technician PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Falls Church, Virginia
Job Code: 08409-14773
Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center
From our convenient location in suburban Falls Church, Virginia, we offer hope, help, encouragement, support and a full range of treatment options with a distinctive focus on crisis intervention and stabilization through our inpatient and partial hospitalization programs, as well as our strong outpatient referral network
The Behavioral Health Technician PRN is responsible for contributing to the maintenance of a safe and therapeutic milieu through prompt reporting of observed behavior, milieu processes and other pertinent information.
* Through direct care, observation, and communication with the patient collects and documents patient admission and shift behavioral and physical clinical data and observations
* Provides appropriate information to assist RN with admission and shift RN assessments.
* Performs vital signs and accuchecks.
* Provides or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living.
* Assists with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency.
* Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.
* Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff. Completes routine and special safety checks.
* Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, and CPI requirements within designated time frame and for providing written verification of same for filing.
* Actively participates in quality management activities by timely reporting of staff, family, visitor or quality concerns.
* Uses the meditech e-mail system to routinely read e-mail messages
* Reports to work as pre-scheduled and on time.
* Facilitates and/or assists with patient community, education or activity groups. Documents patient's participation.
* Uses the meditech order entry system for all functions utilized in Dominion Hospital including, but not limited to, entering admission data, transfers, discharges, orders for diagnostic testing, accessing results of diagnostic testing and sending messages to other departments.
CERTIFICATIONS: CPR-Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required. (CPI) Crisis Prevention Institute completed as a part of the general hospital orientation.
EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year in a related field and/or an undergraduate degree in the social science field strongly preferred
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.