Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Job Code: 26586-149537
Parallon is one of the healthcare industry s leading providers of business and operational services. We are uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting. Parallon is committed to supporting healthcare providers improve the health and well-being of their communities.
The OPERATIONS SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE will work closely with Operations to ensure that support expectations are met each day. This position will interact daily with clients supporting staff workload requirements, including but not necessarily limited to, insurance, correspondence handling, data transfers to and from the client, remittance tracking, verification of data, and other reporting functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Track daily work results and monitor workload to ensure that operations needs are supported
* Assist in performing daily tasks to support the staff and managers
* Cancel and return accounts submitted by local municipalities if applicable.
* Cancel and properly close bankruptcy accounts as submitted by various clients.
* Maintain and track Better Business Bureau and Attorney General complaints, as well as, consumer generated correspondence and disputes.
* Compile and submit client checks on a daily basis.
* Enter collector credit card payments via paymybill.com.
* Perform required duties to obtain and submit insurance results for clients.
* Obtain and submit insurance related claims for our various bad debt clients.
* Analyze and resolve reject reports for clients.
* Produce reports for overpayments to be reported to payment processing and prepare and complete adjustment reports to be submitted to clients on a monthly basis for bad debt and early out.
* Analyze and dispatch non-activated reports for bad debt and early out departments.
* Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers and executives, as well as external clients and other external business contacts.
* All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE: Working knowledge of the medical billing process and a strong understanding of medical terminology or familiarity with the collections industry strongly preferred. Associate s degree from a two-year college in accounting or other business related acumen; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of at least 1 year experience in customer service with frequent telephone contact. Experience working with database software; spreadsheet software and word processing software. Exposure to the collections or similar industry preferred.
COMPETENCIES: Demonstrated analytical, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.