Registered Nurse Case Manager, Rehabilitation Unit - Full Time at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Job Code: 26109-85250
Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Texsan Hospital excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital s 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. The hospital has also been recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Case Manager will work with patient/families identified to have discharge planning, psychosocial, financial or other needs to develop a plan that will:
1) Optimize functional and self-care abilities;
2) facilitate system access and appropriate utilization of services;
3) facilitate communication and coordination of efforts among health care team members; and
4) promote quality, cost effective outcomes. The Case Manager will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to develop a plan based on physical, psychosocial, educational and age related criteria
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assesses by interview and charts review discharge needs of all high-risk patients (and others referred). Identifies resources available to address the needs identified, coordinate referrals and document plan.
2. Utilize community resources to support patient s post hospital needs. Documents choice in available resources has been offered.
3. Performs admission and continued stay reviews. Provides clinical information to payers upon request for certification and reimbursement of care. Discusses alternate level of care with physician. Refers cases not meeting acute care criteria to Physician Advisor as needed.
4. Facilitates and or provides education of hospital staff, physicians, patients and caregivers for purposes of efficient resource utilization
5. Keeps current of requirements by JCAHO, HCFA and other state/federal agencies on provision of care, planning and documenting.
6. Tracks resource statistics to identify improvement opportunities. Attends medical staff and other hospital committee meetings to report findings.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
2. Experience: Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in area in which Case Management will be performed.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Prefer at least one year experience in utilization review, resource management, discharge planning or case management.
MINIMUM LICENSE, CERTIFICATES, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Required: Current Texas licensure as a Registered Nurse
2. Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.