Senior Technical Analyst at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Margate, Florida
Job Code: 25025-12103
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
Named one of the World s Most Ethical Companies since 2010
106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission s list of top performers on key quality measures.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES THE SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST IMPLEMENTS AND SUPPORTS A BROAD RANGE OF FACILITY-BASED IT&S EQUIPMENT. AS THE KEY TECHNICAL SERVICE RESOURCE WITHIN THE FACILITY, THE SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SET-UP AND REPAIR OF FACILITY-BASED, END-USER INFRASTRUCTURE AND RESOLUTION OF DESKTOP INCIDENTS AND REQUESTS REPORTED BY FACILITY USERS TO THE SERVICE DESK. ADVANCED HANDS-ON TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED ACROSS A BROAD RANGE OF TECHNICAL AREAS. PROBLEMS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF ABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY ARE COMMUNICATED IN A TIMELY MANNER TO APPROPRIATE DIVISION-LEVEL SUPPORT STAFF. THE SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST PARTICIPATES IN 24X7 ON-CALL SUPPORT WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE DIVISION STAFF. THE SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST ADHERES TO AND SUPPORTS HCA IT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, AND RECOMMENDS PROCESS CHANGES THAT IMPROVE THE IMPLEMENTATION, MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT OF FACILITY-BASED IT EQUIPMENT. THE SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST ASSISTS WITH FACILITY-BASED PROJECT PLANNING, STRATEGIC PLANNING, AND SUPPLEMENTS ON-SITE SUPPORT TO TECHNICAL RESOURCES, AS NEEDED.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
* Implements and supports the broadest range of facility-based IT&S equipment, including but not limited to network equipment, servers, terminals, personal computers, printers, cabling, related software products
* Provides advanced, hands-on technical support across a broad range of technical user problems; repairs equipment and performs preventative maintenance
* Communicates and escalates incidents and requests beyond scope of ability to senior service resources
* Logs and tracks incidents and requests; reviews incident and request tracking databases
* Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation, and carries a pager as warranted
* Investigates hardware problems and performs minor system hardware and communication connection repairs
* Acts as facility lead on technical project implementations; coordinates infrastructure-based needs for facilitybased new construction
* Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance
* Aids and trains users on proper use of division and/or facility technology
* Mentors and trains Division Technical Analysts
* Participates in facility-based IT project planning, as needed
* Effectively works with division and corporate IT&S personnel to ensure that division priorities an standards are achieved
* Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures
* Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information
* Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
* Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Demonstrates broad knowledge of technology and solutions
* Proactively manages resources and priorities workload
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
* Demonstrated customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
* Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
* Provides onsite technology support on projects
* Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
* Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare-related field is preferred
* Two years of broad technical experience required
* Basic certification in Cisco equipment or Microsoft Products is highly desirable
* Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.