Supply Chain O.R. Materials Manager at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, Florida
Job Code: 08752-15442
SUPERVISES - O.R. Supply Chain Technicians and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator
INTERACTIONS O.R. Supply Chain Technicians, O.R. Internal Control Coordinator, O.R. Analyst, O.R. Nurses, OR Directors, SCD, CRM, Surgeons, CSC Internal Control Team
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* * Clean up and maintain O.R. PAR locations and other master files in the POU and SMART system
* * Manage the OR Supply Chain Technicians and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator
* * Prepares schedule for the onsite O.R. Supply Chain Operations
* * Responsible for the daily Supply Chain Operations within the O.R. to include requisitioning, inventory and delivery of all O.R. supply
* * Responsible for implementation and management of the O.R. perpetual inventory system (POU) to include supply optimization for all areas managed by Supply Chain
* * Responsible for managing the implementation, cleanup and optimization of the O.R. Meditech Supply Inventory dictionary and Supply Inventory on Physician Preference cards
* * Manages case picking of supplies and works with O.R. clinical staff and O.R. Internal Control Coordinator to maintain accuracy of case picking
* * Works with Clinical Resource Manager (CRM) on all O.R. Supply Cost Management projects
* * Responsible for reviewing the clinical and physician survey s and required to develop an action plan (when required) for areas pertinent to areas managed by Supply Chain
* * Serves as O.R. point of contact for sales representatives
* * Maintains effective communication with SCD, O.R. ICC, O.R. Analyst, CRM, O.R. Director, OR Nurses, Surgeons, Revenue Integrity Nurse, and the Facility Management team
* * Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position
* * Responsible for procuring specialty items for the OR to include implants where applicable
* * Responsible for the management of OR consignment inventory
* * Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* * Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* * Organization proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources
* * Communication communicates clearly and concisely
* * Leadership guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
* * Policies & Procedures articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* * PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required, knowledge of SMART system and Meditech beneficial
* * Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, and demonstrates comprehensive job knowledge
* * Graduate from Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training
* * Minimum of five years of relevant clinical and/or materials experience may be substituted for education above.
* OR experience preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports.
Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.