Manager of Technology Services WFH at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Job Code: 10207-24626
Work From Home
Parallon is committed to bringing a deep and evolving knowledge, a long track record of operational excellence and a full suite of capabilities to all of our partnerships in order to help our clients thrive in the communities they serve. As a strategic, operational advisor and knowledge source, Parallon employs more than 27,000 professionals who approach every assignment as operating partners, not vendors. Our solutions are designed to meet the real needs of hospitals and health systems through the application of best practices and innovations proven within the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. We offer one of the broadest portfolios of solutions across the United States and internationally.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide management and thought leadership for Parallon s IT footprint at BPG s Shared Services Centers and for IT operations and support within Parallon corporate. Will help design and implement new technology solutions and services for the SSCs and within Parallon corporate. The Technology Services Manager will have a broad range of technical skills and extensive experience leading large scale IT projects and teams of technology experts in a highly matrixed environment. Will lead and manage technical projects assigned with minimal supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to Parallon. Extraordinary analytical and design ability, very high degree of creativity; in depth knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, directions and solutions; ability to innovate in highly complex technical areas, ability to achieve results, advanced project planning and coordination skills, superior communication skills, success in subordinate positions.
Primary duties will include the management of hardware and software in a multi-platform environment, technical documentation, project management, engineering, issue resolution, and technical presentations. Specific responsibilities managing software products on various hardware platforms, operating system installation and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems. The qualified candidate will be relied upon to make good decisions and lead personnel in junior position
* Assist in the certification and design of new platform technologies
* Participation in Technical Advisory Group(s) as necessary
* Requires in depth knowledge of supported operating systems, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, database management systems, benchmarking methodologies, applicable communications protocols, applicable hardware configurations, use of statistical and analytical tools for system monitoring and evaluation
* In depth knowledge of technology, network, data and applications architectures
* Ability to communicate with various levels and types of end users is also required.
* Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets.
* Provide technical leadership and responsibility for the installation and certification of all supporting software and hardware in order to assure a sound deployment basis for production implementations.
* Certification for multiple hardware platforms and the interrelationship / Interoperability of different operating systems and complex environments.
* Business continuity solutions and assists in developing plans for disaster recovery.
* Identifies and documents Parallon Compute, Storage, Network, and Virtualization processes and procedures.
* Provides input and recommendations in regard to short and long range departmental planning in the area (emphasis in Citrix and Platform Management.
* Assists with the education and training of personnel.
* Participates in the Disaster/Recovery effort.
Bachelor's Degree required.
10+ years' relevant work experience required.
5+ years' management experience required.
Certification in one or more of the following is highly preferred: MCSE, VCP, IBM AIX, Citrix
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.