RN I - SICU (Days) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Job Code: 02531-84659
Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas community because of our outstanding team of nurses, medical professionals and physicians. As San Antonio s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. The Methodist Healthcare New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is focused on the application of nursing knowledge and skills needed for fluency in transitioning to nursing practice in the respective settings. The programs include clinical practicum with an assigned qualified preceptor and systematic instruction.
Residency programs available at the following facilities:
* Methodist Children s Hospital
* Methodist Hospital
* Methodist Hospital South
* Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
* Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
* Methodist Texsan Hospital
* Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
* Northeast Methodist Hospital
Residency programs include:
* Critical & Monitored Care
* Medical Surgical
* Newborn Intensive Care
* Labor & Delivery
* Telemetry/Intermediate Care
* Pediatric & Pediatric Intensive Care
* Perioperative (available to both experienced and newly licensed RNs)
For more information, please visit our website at https://joinmethodist.com/jobs-methodist-clinical-nurse-residency/
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The professional Registered Nurse (RN) is the patient and patient s family advocate. He/she consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes in alignment with the Hospital mission and Methodist Excellence goals. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work and adaptability and is a resource person to the patient care team. He/she is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies and procedures and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Promotes a positive image of nursing and demonstrates team work and adaptability through consistently following the standards of Methodist Excellence.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
A. RN I Less than six months experience as a licensed RN. MHS practice for RNs with less than six months experience is to attend an RN Residency program.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. PREFERRED: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:1. Required:
* RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License, or GN Permit for RN s being hired into RN I position. (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
* * BLS Certification required -AHA or Red Cross
2. PREFERRED: Certification in their specialty
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.