Charge Emergency Room Nurse - Full Time Days at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Code: 01541-15777
Days (rotating weekends)
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
POSITION: Charge RN CC - Emergency Department - Full Time Days
About the Emergency Department:
37 Beds (Including Fast Track), plus a DOU/CPU, Observation Units, Sepsis area, Medical treatment area, Vertical Treatment area
Sepsis area is new within the department
Level II Trauma Center
Average of over 300 patient visits per day
Very fast paced with 1 hour turnaround time for admitted patients to be moved upstairs and 25 minutes to discharge
when orders received
Excellent Leadership and Staff to work with, very fast pace
Must be flexible, dependable, great attitude, team environment
Twelve hours shifts
Paramedics, Concierges, C.N.A.'s, and Lab Assistants support the nurses and the department
The Registered Nurse Charge Critical Care Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
NOTE: Please complete the online assessment that was sent to your e-mail upon submission of your employment application. If you do not see this in your regular, e-mail please check your spam folder.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current NV RN license.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
- Current education in area of practice required.
- Current education in Management/Leadership required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of acute care experience in an Adult Emergency Department setting.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 yr exp as a Charge RN in Adult ED setting.
- Must pass the National League of Nursing medication test with a score of 80%/higher.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.