Registered Nurse - (RN) Emergency Room (ER) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Job Code: 03198-92135
Evenings (rotating weekends)
Kingwood Medical Center Kingwood, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER)
Shift: 7p-7a or 3p-3a
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center a 382 bed hospital. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
* 24-hour emergency room
* Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
* State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
* Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
* Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
* Women s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER).
* The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients in applicable age specific populations.
* The registered nurse applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
* Employee is responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
* According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
* The registered nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
* Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
* Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
* 1 or more years recent emergency room clinical experience as an RN required
* Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
* Current BLS from the American Heart Association required
* Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
* Current PALS from the American Heart Association within 180 days of hire
* Current TNCC from Emergency Nurses Association within 180 days of hire
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.