Regional Vice President, Human Resources - Capital Division at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Job Code: 26561-4456
Provides strategic HR and talent consulting/advising to a Division President and Executive management of all HCA business lines within a specific geographic region, creating the desired workplace culture and an engaged and productive workforce through HCA s policies, programs and practices. Reporting to the Division President and proactively working with the Group VP of HR, the regional HR team, all HR Centers of Excellence and the HR Service Centers, this position will:
* Lead all facility- and business-aligned HR staff to provide strategic and operational HR support within the region
* Partner with executive leadership team(s) to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate COEs
* Ensure operational excellence by measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the regional HR teams.
* Provide ongoing feedback and support to the Centers of Excellence and Service Centers to help proactively shape HR policies, programs and practices for maximum business effectiveness.
* Work with Group VP of HR and Labor Relations COE to develop Labor Relations strategy for the region.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (The essential responsibilities and accountabilities of this position including interactions with other departments and outside vendors, if applicable.)
CO-CREATE BUSINESS AND HR STRATEGY
* Work with the facility/business HR staff and business executives to understand talent needs of the businesses within the region and define the overall regional people strategies
* Lead implementation for enterprise-wide and regional HR initiatives
* Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles and adjusting strategies / prioritizing HR activities in the region based upon business needs, while maintaining momentum for HCA-wide initiatives
* Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data)
* Seek and utilize employee engagement data (Employee Engagement Survey, sensing) in developing strategies
EXECUTIVE HR CONSULTING
* Provide HR observations related to business strategy/performance in meetings and one-on-one
* Engage business leaders through change management, non-routine performance management issues, etc.
* Manage response to executive requests for information, questions or special projects
DEVELOP REGIONAL LEADERSHIP STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT PLANS
* Engage Division President & facility executives on key leadership development needs & programs; partner with L&OD Center of Excellence to deploy appropriate development programs, executive coaching/mentoring
* Lead implementation of HCA-wide strategic talent planning processes (performance assessment & review, succession planning, org and employee development) across businesses within the region
PARTNER TO DEPLOY REGIONAL INITIATIVES FOR BUSINESS PERFORMANCE, QUALITY AND PATIENT CARE
* Partner with Corporate & Division/LOB leaders on strategies related to patient care, quality, safety & compliance, physical security, data security, professional ethics, etc., co-creating strategic initiatives to create an environment of compliance/excellence
* Uphold all compliance standards, including OFCCP, Joint Commission, Department of Labor, HR policies
* Engage with facility/LOB HR staff as needed on non-routine employee relations escalations, consulting with appropriate Center of Excellence/Service Center and advising Executives on responding
ENSURE HR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
* Build, develop and lead a team of HR professionals working across all lines of business within the region
* Work with Group VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to develop and modify strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses and align with the corporate culture (learning/development, staffing, labor/employee relations, etc.)
* Work with Division CFO and Total Rewards Center of Excellence to prepare for salary & bonus planning process; provide budgets & review results; work with COE to develop and effectively communicate benefits changes and pricing, employee value proposition, etc. within the region
* Lead process of ongoing position budgeting review & management; ensure workforce and hiring plans are aligned with span of control metrics, budgets, productivity metrics, etc
* Escalate major issues to Group VP of HR and/or Center of Excellence/Service Center leaders when appropriate
* Develop effective internal communications strategy for leaders across the region o Champion effective implementation of the HR support model; lead HR team to engage employees to use the model effectively; ensure compliance with established policies and processes and regional performance to established HR metrics
* 10+ years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources, including significant HR leadership experience. Health care background preferred.
* College Graduate Required Undergrad
* Master's Degree Preferred
* SPHR Preferred
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.