Registered Nurse RN Direct Admit Day Shift at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Job Code: 00323-18658
Days (rotating weekends)
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. it includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley medical Center. Wesley medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Woodlawn ER and Wesley Derby ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital, WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
Wesley is proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report!
The RN Direct Admit serves as a clinical liaison to physicians and hospital representatives requesting either physician consultation or expressing the need for a patient transfer or direct admit to Wesley Medical Center. Facilitates communication of administrative and clinical data to the accepting physician, the Patient Access Center (PTAC) and the nursing unit. Participates in the assignment of the appropriate level of care and placement (bedding) of the ED, transferred and/or direct admit patient.
* Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
* Applies excellent telephonic customer service skills
* Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education
* Ensures proper utilization of hospital resources and level of care
* Assesses relevant clinical and age-related information (all ages) to assist in timely appropriate bed assignments
* Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
* Intervenes to resolve system problems that delay delivery of patient care
* Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
* Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
* Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department
* Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
* Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
* Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
* Integrates results of performance improvement activities to improve patient outcomes, utilization of hospital resources and length of stay
* Takes telephone orders from the admitting physician as required, includes level of care for direct and ED admissions
* Performs teletracker assignment; admitting patients to the next clinically appropriate available bed
* Coordinates with the dispatch service any EMTALA transfer calls
* Coordinates screening of acute care hospital transfer requests
* Facilitates acute care hospital transfer agreements for individual patients
* Screens and indexes patient documents received in the fax server
* Links faxed documents to the patient financial account or to receiving unit as required
* Coordinates special bed requests (including tracking and return to vendors)
REQUIRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
* Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* 3 years of recent clinical experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* 3 years of recent critical care or case management experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
* Possess personal computer skills
* Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
* Ability to collaborate with other health care providers
* Demonstrates exceptional telephone customer service skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of medical necessity criteria
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.