Medical Social Worker at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plano, Texas
Job Code: 00058-97179
Days (rotating weekends)
Medical Social Worker
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Day Shifts with Rotating Weekends
Location: Medical City Plano
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes through our doors.
Social Worker Job Summary:
Interacts with physicians, staff, patient/family and outside agencies. Direct patient care support functions are provided to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, and frail elderly patients. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates options and services to meet the patient s needs through evaluation of available resources to provide quality, cost effective outcomes.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities:
* Provides direct social service and counseling to patients/families
* Assists in locating appropriate resources for post-discharge care
* Accurate and timely data collection
* Participate in multidisciplinary team to coordinate the client s plan
* Cross train sufficiently to team member s duties to be able to serve as back up resource
* Assesses and identifies cases for intervention
* Prioritize goals and develops a plan based on client needs
* Monitor and evaluate outcome of client s plan
* Proactive case identification
* Demonstrate behavior supportive of team achieving department goals
* Actions demonstrate protection of patient privacy and compliance with HIPPA regulations
* Collaborate with third party payors internal
Social Worker Job Requirements Include:
* Master s degree in Social Work or equivalent, current licensure by Texas State Board of Social Work
* Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally & in writing preferred; Skilled in specialty areas including assessing and addressing the age-specific needs of the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric and frail elderly patients
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.