Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Code: 08948-149772
JOB TITLE: Scheduler
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Schedules patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtains pre-cert/authorization numbers and enters in the scheduling or registration system; obtains and enters accurate insurance information; answers incoming phone calls.
SUPERVISOR - Patient Access Manager (or Supervisor)
SUPERVISES - N/A
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Answer telephone in a timely and professional manner
* Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures/admissions through the Meditech scheduling module
* Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network or of any carrier that may result in a decrease on benefits
* Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
* Ensure that any edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module
* Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
* Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
* Receive incoming pre-cert mail and ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
* Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
* Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
* Edit via the scheduling module those departmental calendar changes to ensure that patients are not scheduled when personnel is not available
* Acknowledge, file, and send MOX messages via Meditech
* Edit medical accounts to a PRE status
* Enter outpatient procedures in the Order Entry System
* Pull reservations off printers, keeping clinical reservations filed according to policy. Return surgical reservations to each appropriate scheduler.
* Work clinical accounts at least 2 days in advance in order for admitting personnel to use reservations for calling patients and checking patient and insurance information
* Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
* Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
AGE GROUPS: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult),
65 - Life Span (geriatric)
* High school diploma or GED required
* Prior scheduling experience preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.