Cook - Full Time Nights at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Independence, Missouri
Job Code: 09726-51026
Nights (rotating weekends)
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER INDEPENDENCE, MO
COOK - FULL TIME NIGHTS
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features the following:
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
* Women s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
* The job entails preparation of foods served in the hospital.
* Follow recipes and production sheets for types of foods to prepare and amounts needed on daily basis.
* Weighing and measuring of ingredients.
* Labels, dates, and stores food.
* Chops, slices, and mixed food ingredients.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* A MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR INSTITUTIONAL COOKING EXPERIENCE OR COOKING SCHOOL, OR VOLUME RESTAURANT COOKING EXPERIENCE.
* Must have knowledge of basic principles of quantity food production.
* Must also possess sufficient mathematical skills to be able to adjust recipes.
* Food Handler Permit within two weeks of hire date.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.