Physical Therapist PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Code: 01505-100263
Physical Therapist - PRN (As Needed)
Location: Medical City Dallas
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Physical Therapist Job Summary:
* Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Physical Therapy Practice Act, with emphasis on processes and patient outcomes.
* Perform comprehensive, age specific patient assessments for appropriate care setting: Acute care, Inpatient Rehab, and/or Outpatient
* Provide individualized, goal-directed care.
* Formulate a plan of care based on patient diagnosis and identified therapy related problems.
* Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient function and independence.
* Provide ongoing education, training, and emotional support to foster a partnership with the patient, family and significant others.
* Provide age specific care from neonate to geriatric in the appropriate care setting: Acute care, Inpatient Rehab, and/or Outpatient
* Evaluate the patient s (individual and family) responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions.
* Use critical thinking approach to analyze clinical data and current literature as a basis for decision making in therapy practice.
* Communicate pertinent payor needs/requirements to patient, patient family, treatment team, and physician.
* Make assignments to staff and delegate to unlicensed staff in compliance with current Physical Therapy rules and regulations and department operations.
* Assume accountability and responsibility for the quality, continuity, and coordination of therapy across the care settings.
* Act as patient advocate to implement and direct therapy care to ensure patient safety in the clinical practice environment.
* Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
* Serve as a healthcare advocate in monitoring and promoting quality health care and services for the patients served.
* Participate in activities and act as a leader in promoting best practices, department specific initiatives, customer satisfaction, and process improvement.
* Demonstrate high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, coworkers, staff, other hospital departments, physicians, community and all others.
* Create a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment of appropriate numbers of qualified staff.
* Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Organization.
* Other duties as assigned.
Physical Therapist Job Requirements Include:
* Requires graduation from an accredited school at the bachelors, masters, or doctoral level in Physical Therapy.
* 1 year experience preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills
* Excellent organization/time management skills
* Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance
* Licensed by Texas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
* Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Completes individualized training and continuing staff development through the orientation process and competency assessment.
* The amount of time required to learn techniques, acquire information & develop the facility needed for average performance is 6 months
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.