Radiology Clerk PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Lake City, Florida
Job Code: 06210-2452
The Radiology Clerk is responsible for answering incoming phone calls, entering orders, making disc or print X-Ray films for the patient, checking films in and out. Shifts for this position will be Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7:30 am - 5 pm.
* Answer telephone in a timely and professional manner
* Screen Calls for Radiologist
* Ensure that any edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module
* Maintain knowledge of scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
* Select correct patient medical record number consistently
* Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
* Utilize appropriate method/tool to communicate with Patients Access and other facility departments as necessary
* Edit medical accounts to Pre status per facility or SSC standards and guidelines
* Received, maintain, and index physician orders per facility and SSC standards and guidelines
* Attends in-service presentations and completes mandatory education week
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High school graduate
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Basic computer skills required
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
* Prior scheduling experience preferred
* Basic knowledge of different Radiological Modalities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately brief oral and written instructions
* Ability to organize and complete work in an accurate and timely manner
* Ability to communicate with staff, physicians, and patients, and family, at all levels.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.