Trauma Nurse Lead RN - PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Orange Park, Florida
Job Code: 01310-8650
Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
The Trauma Nurse Lead provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Orange Park Medical Center and Trauma Services. In collaboration with the patient, the patient s family and other members of the health care team, the trauma nurse lead assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. Demonstrates strong trauma clinical assessment, nursing intervention, and strong communication/leadership skills. In addition to clinical responsibilities the Trauma Nurse Lead provides trauma program support.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to:
1. Response to trauma bays
2. Responsible for trauma bay readiness
3. Coordinates and triages incoming trauma patients.
4. Reviews/evaluates all activations for triage level appropriateness
5. Evaluates admission consultations
6. Manages care with primary trauma surgeon
7. Responsible for documentation compliance
8. Responds to in-house trauma patients critical needs
9. Facilitates psychosocial support
10. Mentors trauma nurse responders
11. Assist in training and in-servicing needs
12. Attends daily multi-disciplinary rounds
13. Identify and report trauma audit filters
14. Participate in scholarly activities
15. Functions as clinical liaison for pre-hospital partners
16. Facilitates trauma bay time outs and debriefings in collaboration with primary surgeon
17. Participate in duties assigned by the director of trauma services
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Graduated from an NLN accredited school of nursing. Current BSN or currently enrolled. (BSN Preferred)
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Florida RN License
BLS, ACLS, TNCC, PALS, TNCC and/or ATCN Instructor, ENPC
within 1 year of hire. (TCRN,CEN, CCRN Preferred)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of experience in critical care, emergency or surgical nursing. (Minimum of 1 year in trauma care Preferred)
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.