Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Job Code: 00476-4643
RN, ED, PRN, .001 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
Sign on bonus / relocation assistance may be available to qualified RNs...Inquire with Recruiter
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current licensure as an RN
* Current certification as a BLS, ACLS, PALS Healthcare Provider.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Previous ED experience preferred
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.