Six Sigma Black Belt at Dymax Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Torrington, Connecticut
Reporting directly to the Global Director Lean Six Sigma, the Senior Manager, Lean Six Sigma will assist in:
(1) Setting lean six sigma vision and strategy, (2) deploying organization design to foster continuous improvement and human development, (3) eliminating barriers by enabling effective communication about lean six sigma strategy and deployment and (4) being the subject matter expert in lean six sigma principles, values, philosophies and tools.
Improve cost, quality, and speed as we partner with Dymax's customers - the world's leading technology companies - to be the world?s leading global manufacturing services partner through the continued growth of customers and targeted markets by offering differentiated capabilities and cost-effective services.
- Utilization of the DMAIC process to manage change throughout all levels and departments of the organization.
- Establish a framework of Continuous Improvement that includes CI resources within the company augmented by outside support as needed. Be the primary point of contact and manage all outside support CI resources.
- Develop, align and resource the Project/Kaizen portfolio based upon the business strategy and annual operating plan of the business.
- Develop and implement change management practices to create and maintain a Continuous Improvement culture across the sector.
- Train, support, and mentor the organization?s Kaizen Leads, and Six sigma black belts
- Personally lead major Kaizen, value stream mapping, strategic goal deployment, and lean initiative events and communicate those results throughout the organization. Coordinate the Continuous Improvement talent across the sector & develop a mentoring program to insure institutionalizing of the program.
- Track progress across the business relative to Process Excellence capability, development and implementation maturity. Establish appropriate metrics, and report on progress, achievements and associated business results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates and best practice sharing.
- Ensure that Dymax?s education & training curriculum & content is meeting the needs of the sites and corporate capabilities, and work with the Global LSS Team to develop and improve training material.
- Increase deployment knowledge, skills and effectiveness through reading of book, seminar attendance and visiting companies outside of Dymax. Explore and review Best Practices so that they can be incorporated and deployed across all sites as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience; Master?s degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant business operational leadership experience with increasing breadth and responsibility
- Minimum 5 years experience in Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, and Lean disciplines; Black Belt certification required
- Background in training and mentoring of Six Sigma/Lean principles at multiple levels
- Demonstrated ability to attain measurable objectives of cost reduction or efficiency improvements without having direct control over the resources
- Proven Project Management experience
- Proven ability to lead change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take into consideration multiple factors when dealing with situations, challenges and opportunities and understand the importance of enterprise-wide outcomes
- Ability to Identify results and outcomes aligned with business direction and strategies
- Mathematical aptitude and ability to conduct basic and complex statistical analysis
- Use logic reasoning and creative innovative strategies to identify approach, conclusions, and alternative solutions
- Ability to work with complex situations that consists of several inter-related dimensions
- Experience in multiple functional areas of a company
- Mastery of Continuous Improvement tool set