Banquet Bartender at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Job Description Summary
Prepare beverages and/or serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests during banquet/ catering functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up banquet bar including all liquor, mixes, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies; inventory unused liquor and beverages. Perform pre- and post-shift sidework (set-up cart, empty ice-bins, securing liquor, etc.).
- Prepare and serve beverages in a prompt and professional manner in accordance with established standards and responsible alcohol service.
- Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and utilize up-selling skills when applicable to maximize sales.
- Adhere to established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs.
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Follow procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of liquor and beverage items, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions if applicable, (3) replenish/requisition supplies in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and misuse of liquor.
- Complete paperwork such as consumption reports, incident reports, etc., according to specified procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Specialized knowledge of bartending and mixing drinks; knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments. Formal bartending training preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting up to 50 pounds
- moving about the bar , lounge and kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, servers, and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, describing cocktail items, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently utilized when handling cash and credit.
- Alcohol awareness certification and /or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.