Registered Nurse(RN) Medical Surgical at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: McAllen, Texas
Job Code: 00372-6491
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL MCALLEN, TX
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MEDICAL TELEMETRY - PRN
Founded in 1982, RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour emergency room
* Off Site Emergency Department
* Level III Trauma Center
* Comprehensive cardiovascular care
* 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
* Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the cardiovascular service line
* Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
* Promote and maintain a safe and therapeutic Telemetry environment
* Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual Telemetry patients
* Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
* Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
* Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
* Participate in cardiovascular department specific initiatives and process improvement
* Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistant, and licensed vocational nurses.
* Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adult and geriatric patients as assigned
* Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
* Current CPR certification
* ACLS required or within a minimum of one year employment
Last Edited: 04/20/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.