Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Connectivity s Business Intelligence Teams are responsible for the processing, mining and delivery of data to their customer community through repositories, tools and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Review and/or extract requirements from business users. Identify business process gaps in the system through formal and informal communications
* Responsible for Data Engineering in charge of maintaining the business's physical and logical data models, reflective of the current business environments
* Provides technical assistance in the identification, evaluation, and development of data warehousing/advance analytics systems and procedures
* Responsible for solution delivery including a Functional Design Document (FDD), technical specification, data lineage documentation, and gain agreement and sign-off from all business sponsors
* Guide and mentor junior data warehousing personnel and contractors on technical standards and procedural data warehousing principles.
* Responsible for platform planning for warehouse platform which includes defining standards, implementing industrial best practices & trends
* Work with funjtional teams, including our third-party partners, to ensure that the requirements are understood and an efficient, well designed solution is developed
* Plan, coordinate, and communicate the deployment.
* Create/update end user documentation and training documentation
* Provide training on analytics solutions as required
* Work with the supervisor and the PM on resource planning and provide a sound recommendation on resource ramp up and ramp down based on the project need
* Serve as a Project Leader when required, providing coordination of resources; developing project plans, and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of work performed by the project team
Competencies & Experience Required/Desired:
* At least seven (7) years of experience with Oracle or Hana based data warehousing
* Strong knowledge of overall end-to-end data warehousing architecture, from tools to middleware to data quality to orchestration software
* Strong knowledge of PL/SQL, and good knowledge of star schema and DW topics like Fact, dimension tables
* Experience on Data modeling, ETL tools (BODS, Talend), Unix scripting and OLAP
* A firm understanding of database optimization concepts for tuning data access queries
* Functional knowledge around SAP Sales, Inventory and Master Data modules
* An understanding of client/server, Web-based, and server-side computing architectures
* Ability to collaborate with management, users, contract resources, vendors, and other IT teams
* Strong problem-solving capabilities. Results oriented. Relies on fact-based logic for decision-making.
* Ability to work with multiple projects and work streams at one time. Must be able to deliver results based upon project deadlines.
* Willing to flex daily work schedule to allow for time-zone differences for global team communications
* Ability to travel both within and outside of the country for specific projects, as needed
* Prior working experience with Hana, Hadoop and other Bigdata processes & technology is a plus
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science OR equivalent work experience in an IT organization
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.