Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Our King of Prussia, PA office is searching for a Junior or Mid-Level Geologist. This is a great opportunity for someone to join our team and serve both our industrial and government clients.
Responsibilities include the following:
• This position will have field and non-field related responsibilities. Position requires a minimum of 50 percent field work and/or travel. The physical demands of this position require the ability to perform field work, including lifting and maneuvering of equipment and filled sample coolers, in a range of weather conditions.
• Typical tasks will include field work planning and preparation, drilling and monitoring well installation oversight, logging soil boreholes, remedial system implementation (e.g. subsurface injections) and operation and maintenance, and report preparation including text, tables and figures. Field work will also consist of the collection and proper documentation of soil and groundwater samples to define the nature and extent of soil and groundwater contamination.
• Responsibilities may include preparation of remedial investigation, remedial system design, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports; cost estimating; and technical writing.
• Other responsibilities could include managing subcontracts, monitoring project cost and schedule performance; supervision of more junior personnel, and assisting in business development/marketing efforts as part of a team.
• May perform a range of tasks, requiring utilization of advanced scientific, geologic, and engineering analytical techniques, including: (1) interpretation of complex hydrogeologic settings impacted by emerging contaminants; and (2) development of cost effective remedial strategies.
Candidates must have a BS degree in geology or related technical discipline, and 1-3 years of experience. 40-Hour OSHA training with Hazmat is required. An advanced degree is a plus. First Aid and CPR training are a plus. Professional Geologist registration is a plus.
Experience with geologic, engineering, or general environmental projects and data interpretation is required. Experience should include characterization and remediation of hazardous waste sites. Field experience should include subsurface soil and groundwater sampling, drilling and well installation for hazardous waste site characterization, aquifer testing, remedial system installation, and system O&M.
Experience in the implementation of pilot tests, treatability studies, and groundwater remedial systems is desired.
Excellent writing and communication skills is required. The candidate should be able to manipulate environmental monitoring data including, but not limited to, applying correction factors, calculating units, conversions, conducting statistical analysis, and calculating averages.
Candidates must be comfortable in directing and supervising subcontractors. Experience with state (PA, MD, CT, RI, MA, VA, DC, DE, NJ, and NY) and federal sampling procedures is a plus.
Ability to resolve conflicts and provide solutions in a professional manner.
Roles associated with this position include a variety of field assignments and office-based tasks such as field investigations, subcontractor procurement, data evaluation, report writing, and project management. Candidate must be well organized, enthusiastic and energetic. Strong communication skills are required for work plan and report preparation and interaction with clients in the field. Must be computer literate and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, MS Project and environmental software.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies