IT Intern at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Connectivity's internship program is designed to provide interns with real world experience to enhance classroom knowledge. Uniquely crafted assignments and meaningful projects provide interns with a challenging 10 - 12 week experience. Interns will gain exposure to senior leadership and be given professional development opportunities. At the end of the summer, interns will be provided the opportunity to pursue full-time placement within TE Connectivity.
The TE Connectivity Information Systems CIO Business Office (TEIS CBO) is engaged in a multitude of responsibilities and activities: portfolio management, standards, methodology, training, lean processes and metrics, tools, governance and communication strategy across TEIS organization.This position will provide many exciting and challenging opportunities for the right person to gain experience on multiple levels and in a variety of areas within the company. Focus will be in the Program Management Office (PMO) team. The PMO Business Analyst will assist the TEIS CBO PMO (portfolio management office) organization on reporting analytics for the TEIS project portfolio - project health metrics, reconciliation of forecast, budget and actuals.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) Everywhere: For the Demand Management critical process, be part of the transformation team to build a transformation plan, establish the baseline/KPIs and implement low hanging fruit improvements.
* Capturing business requirements for Business Intelligence Reporting through review of documentation and end-user interviews to define the roadmap, self service reports and dashboards
* Sustaining and enhancing project metrics scorecard. Mapping the data elements and their sources to reconcile forecast, budget, billing and actual spend and provide predictive/actionable analytics.
* Understanding the current portfolio metrics and process and drive 2 actions:
* Analysis on improvements we want to do - dig into the data and provide insight
* Meeting with the analytics team to transform our current access database to a set of requirements for an analytics team to design a solution in a BI platform
* Presenting the portfolio metrics at the biweekly TEIS PAC (Project Approval Committee).
Competencies & Experience Required/Desired:
* Willingness to learn new business processes and new information technologies.
* Proficiency with a variety of business concepts. The ability to provide critical analytical thought to global, cross functional issues and opportunities.
* Analytical skills to understand business process, gather requirements, and complete assigned tasks.
* Ability to work well independently or in a team environment with global team members
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Business Knowledge including eBusiness, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, and/or Supply Chain processes.
* Creative and self-motivated individual.
* Strong planning/organizational skills
Education Required/Desired: In process BS / BA in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems or Equivalent. Experience working with one of leading Business Intelligence packages would be a plus
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.