Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: McAllen, Texas
Job Code: 00372-6583
Nights (rotating weekends)
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL McAllen, TX
POSITION - PATIENT SITTER MEDICAL SURGICAL UNIT
Shift: 7P - 7A, 3 days a week, rotating weekends
Founded in 1982, RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour emergency room
* Level III Trauma Center
* Comprehensive cardiovascular care
* The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
* 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
RIO GRANDE REGIONAL HOSPITAL is currently looking for a PATIENT SITTER (PRN) MEDICAL SURGICAL UNIT.
* Under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, serves as a member of the healthcare team by providing assistance with activities of daily living.
* These include, but are not limited to, personal care, ambulation and care of the general medical/surgical patient with special emphasis on geriatric and post-operative care.
* Documentation of observations and baseline measurements onto medical record expected.
* May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes and procedure trays are stored.
* One year experience in acute care setting preferred.
* Training as a nursing assistant according to the curriculum set forth by the Texas Curriculum for nurse aides or equivalent training.
* Certified Nurse Assistant certification required.
* Current CPR required.
Last Edited: 04/16/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.