Ready Mix Truck Driver at APAC-Atlantic Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Postal/Zip Code: 37914
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
READY MIX TRUCK DRIVER
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- The Ready Mix Driver is responsible for the transportation of ready mix concrete to construction projects, company owned facilities or various customers. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of ready mix trucks. Deliveries will be made in both industrial and residential areas. Work will be performed per the Supervisor's instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreperson, Superintendent, Safety Manager or Human Resources Manager
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs, log of deliveries and complete required paperwork for billing
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle
- Load and unload equipment or materials
- Assure product quality to the best of the drivers ability
- Must keep vehicle in clean and orderly condition
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-worker, supervisors, and the general public at all times and work in a team environment assisting with other duties as required and also work independently with attention to detail
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary at any plant location
- Report to assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency levels
- Strict adherence to Company safety requirements and procedures and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and effectively communicate verbally
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise
- Physical abilities required: climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extension chutes, stretching, sitting/driving for extended periods of time, shifting gears, standing, walking, use of hand/fingers to manipulate objects or controls and visual ability (with correction) including close, distance, peripheral, depth and focus
- Requires regular lifting of 25 to 50 lbs, with occasional lifting of 75 lbs
- High school education or GED preferred but not required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience driving a mixer truck with thorough operational knowledge and skill of mixer truck and related equipment
- Must maintain current drivers license that meets state requirements of a Class A or B CDL and MVR must meet company standards
- Must be 21 years of age or older
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
HARRISON CONSTRUCTION, a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market!
HARRISON CONSTRUCTION an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.