Grader Operator at OHL North America
Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Miami, FloridaJob Description:
OHL North America
Job ID 2017-1408
Job Location US-FL-Miami
Category Field Labor
Department Community Asphalt
Operates self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone, to grade specifications in construction and maintenance of earthwork structures, such as highways, streets, airports, dikes, and temporary roads.
- Drives grader and moves levers to regulate height and angle of grader blade, lower scarifier that loosens packed soil to permit grading, and to tilt front wheels of grader when making sharp turns.
- Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade.
- Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch.
- May perform fine or rough grading.
- May operate tractor drawn grader to cut and smooth subgrade on street and highway paving projects.
- Feels lever and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance check.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Perform any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by the crew leader or supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with the operation and minor maintenance of various types of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Able to take and give orders and follow directions.
- Must be able to learn and retain information day to day.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 100lbs and perform considerable stooping, kneeling and digging.
- Must have a full range of body movements including use of hands and legs.
- Extensive physical activities working outdoors in all types of weather conditions at construction sites.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must use Personal Protection Equipment.
- Job requires working with and around heavy duty site excavation and development equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in operating Finish Graders and other heavy equipments.
- Must be able to pass a background check, and pre-employment drug screen.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace - EEO Workplace - M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.