Power Maintenance Technician-2nd Shift ($30.03/hr.) at Leprino Foods
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Allendale, MichiganJob Description:
Requisition ID 2018-2569
# of Openings 1
Category Portal Searching Production Maintenance
The Power Maintenance Technician requires responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of all utility equipment, to include boilers and refrigeration equipment. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. No employees report to the position. The Power Maintenance Technician will perform and document all tests, maintain logs and understand/adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's). The position is responsible for all plant utilities including, but not limited to, refrigeration, boilers, air compressors, HVAC, water systems, chemical treatment systems, plumbing, electrical, and wastewater support.
Power Maintenance Technicians often work alone, and must exercise considerable judgment and problem-solving skills to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment. Work is normally done in high noise areas and in extreme temperature changes. Attention must be paid to operating safely with hazardous chemicals and wearing personal protective equipment as required. Tasks often require sections of various systems be taken off line for maintenance or repair, and it is the responsibility of the Power Maintenance Technician to effectively communicate with supervisors, other technicians, and the departments affected when work is being performed.
- Maintain operation of all ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Ensure maintenance of boilers and associated equipment including all testing and adjustments based on test results.
- Perform tests on all water systems as required and accurately document all necessary information and adjust chemicals as necessary based on test results
- Ensure proper operation of all condensate return systems.
- Confirm contents, log and monitor receipt of bulk chemicals.
- Complete preventative maintenance work orders as assigned.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices at all times, including good housekeeping in the power areas.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree or apprenticeship in a technical field preferred.
- Minimum four years work experience with industrial maintenance, including the ability to diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical problems; and electrical and PLC trouble shooting experience.
- Prior food experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend procedures and manuals.
- Must be able to communicate well between production department, other maintenance technicians and department management.
- Ability to problem-solve and trouble shoot equipment.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 operation by being available to work weekends and holidays.
- The position requires standing, walking, climbing up steps/ladder, and lifting 70 pounds.
Leprino Foods supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran