Cheese Milk Receiver at Leprino Foods
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Roswell, New MexicoJob Description:
Requisition ID 2018-2682
# of Openings 1
Category Portal Searching Production Operations
Leprino Foods Company, a global leader in the dairy food and ingredient industry, is seeking a Cheese Milk Receiver Operator to join our team located in Roswell, NM. Leprino Foods is the world's largest supplier of mozzarella cheese and one of the largest suppliers of premium dairy nutrition ingredients. Our customers and business partners span the globe and include many of the world's largest food companies, restaurant chains and distributors.
The Milk Receiver must be able to perform basic mathematical functions. The incumbent must be able to read and comprehend procedures, which direct the position's assignments. The Milk Receiver must be able to communicate well between departments such as Production, Quality Control, and milk external haulers. In addition, the individual must be able to communicate well with other operators the silo status.
The Milk Receiver also must be able to make mechanical hookups for transfer of milk to silos and for sanitation. The position requires standing, walking, climbing, and lifting milk hoses for each load of milk being received. The position requires a constant paperwork handling to verify ticket numbers, load numbers, and input of this information into the computer.
- Perform all required temperature and sampling procedures for each incoming load of milk according to written guidelines.
- Make appropriate hookups from receiving tanker and transfer product to correct silo.
- Follow procedures for cream shipments.
- Operate and assemble milk pumps properly to eliminate product loss.
- Properly clean and sanitize all equipment as required by company procedures, maintain housekeeping in area.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned by Forepersons and Supervisors.
- Ability to work in an environment that is higher in ambient temperature and humid
- Ability to work safely around chemicals.
- Candidate must possess good communication skills.
- Have the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform essential job functions safely..
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to work Sunday - Saturday, off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day operation.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8.5 hours.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work assignments with high degree of accuracy
Language and Technical Skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Able to read, write, and perform intermediate mathematical calculations
- Must be able to maintain accurate records
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Able to interpret data and make necessary decisions
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position will be exposed inside ambient temperatures and may include a wet / slippery environment with loud noise in varying degrees of temperature
- Specific vision may be required for this position, including close vision, distance vision, color and depth perception, and the ability to read computer screens for extended time periods
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Bending, squatting, reaching, and climbing up stairs/ladders are required throughout the shift.
- Standing and walking are required throughout the shift.
Leprino Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran