Strategic Account Executive - Automotive, Consumer Electronic, Industrial at Jama Software
Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Portland, OregonJob Description:
Jama Softwareis the product development platform for companies building complex, smart and connected products. The Jama solution enables enterprises to accelerate development time, mitigate risk, slash complexity and verify regulatory compliance. More than 600 product-centric organizations, including NASA, Thales and Caterpillar, use Jama Software to modernize their process for bringing complex products to market.
Jama Software was founded in 2007 and is privately funded by Trinity Ventures,MadronaVentures, andUpdataPartners. We are headquartered in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon and are a member of a rapidly growing software development community within the City. As a member of that community, Jama Software stands out, having earned a place on the list of most admired technology companies in 2014, 2015 and 2016 by the Portland Business Journal. We believe that collaboration supercharges the performance of people, resulting in a dynamic workplace, the best outcomes for our clients and continuous improvement in what we do. We're looking for a person who shares that belief and is ready for a meaningful leadership role in a very exciting market space.
TheStrategic Account Executiveleads the full sales life-cycle from prospect to close. The Strategic AE models a value-based, consultative selling approach; building rapport into multiple parts (product teams, IT, finance, etc.) and the C-level/Executive Sponsors within an organization. The AE prospects, partners with internal resources - Sales Development, Customer Success, and Marketing -- and use his/her network to gain access to key stakeholders, garnering trust to build a case for change, influencing executives to transform their business. The Strategic AE understands the complexity of problems facing enterprise level customers, leveraging ROI/TCO tools to build a strong value proposition that will result in the sale of Jama Software.
- Lead the entire sales strategy within the Automotive, Consumer Electronics and Industrial Vertical Markets, executing upon Jama's broader market strategy to target the right customers, effectively prospect, qualify, develop and close new logo customers.
- Balance a variety of selling techniques from phone to direct customer interaction; successfully navigating through highly complex organizations, hunting and identifying key decision makers.
- Expand Jama's footprint within an assigned set of existing customer accounts.
- Consistently meets and exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual goals and quota targets.
- Manage business pipeline, providing accurate weekly and monthly reports and forecasts based on Jama's sales model and opportunity management definitions. Analyzes and interprets pipeline data, identifying trends to more accurately predict deal cycles.
- Partner with Customer Success, and cross-functional teams to ensure our customers are successful.
- Capturing and tracking activity and account data in Jama's CRM system.
EXPECTATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Mastery level knowledge of sales methodology, forecasting and pipeline management.
- Experience selling into complex organizations, predominately at the CXO and Executive level.
- Ability to develop a coach/champion within customer account.
- Drives for results and closes deals.
- Excellent listener who understands and relates to highly complex customer challenges and business problems. Leverages examples and success stories for how Jama has solved similar challenges, leading to positive outcomes.
- Systems Engineering/ALM/PLM/RM experience preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with enterprise level sales.
- Location: Northern California preferred.
- Creates opportunities:
- Strategically attacks the territory in order to unearth suitable opportunities for Jama.
- Gathers & analyzes intelligence about the market, identifying trends about key prospects.
- Experience selling into an organization at multiple levels (C-suite/Executive Sponsor) as well as multiple organizations (product, marketing, IT, etc.), leveraging relationships.
- Drives value creation:
- Excellent listener who understands and relates to highly complex customer challenges and business problems. Able to leverages examples and success stories for how Jama has solved similar challenges, leading to positive outcomes.
- Uses reference stories and industry best practices to show how Jama can improve operational results and a build a case for business transformation.
- Effectively leverages ROI/TCO tools to build a strong value proposition.
- Champions change:
- Effectively uses their network to gain access to key stakeholders. Can build a case for change, influencing executives to transform their business.
- Understands the complexity of problems facing enterprise level customers, breaking the complexity into simple and actionable components through successful implementation of Jama Software and our services.
- Manages sales opportunities:
- Models good sales discipline, maintains accurate opportunity records. Analyzes and interprets pipeline data, identifying trends to more accurately predict deal cycles.
- Using their network and relationships, is able to bring key stakeholders and executives together to build rapport and close deals.
- Proven ability to develop a coach/champion within customer account.
- Highly effective negotiation skills and proven resilience to anticipate and plan for objections and successfully negotiate deals.
- Effectively utilize internal resources to maximize territory and opportunities.
- Lead customer through the sales process, building a Customer Engagement Plan that details the steps necessary to get to a successful Close.
- Drives for results and closes deals:
- Models tenacious behavior in the face of obstacles and achieves positive outcomes.
- Seeks to win and achieve set goals.
- Intelligently manages time and territory to maximize business results.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and presentation skills to sell into highly complex and politically charged organizations.
Benefits and Other:
If we've intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- A chance to develop a compelling, category defining product
- Challenging and fun work with a chance to make distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and ambitious engineering leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs designed to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
- Flexible, creative workplace that includes a modern, open plan office with ample creative workspaces, bagel Tuesdays, monthly lunches, a stocked kitchen and many ad hoc engagement events that ensure that we get to both work hard and play hard at Jama
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genderidentity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.