IT Intern at Berkeley Research Group
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Washington, Washington DCJob Description:
Berkeley Research Group
Job ID 2018-1838
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-DC
Posted Date 2018-03-08
Category Information Technology
Berkeley Research Group, LLC (www.thinkbrg.com) is a leading global strategic advisory and expert consulting firm that provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts and consultants combine intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience and an in-depth understanding of industries and markets. Their expertise spans economics and finance, data analytics and statistics, and public policy in many of the major sectors of our economy, including healthcare, banking, information technology, energy, construction and real estate. BRG is headquartered in Emeryville, California, with 41 offices across the United States and in Asia, Australia, Canada, Latin America, the Middle East and the United Kingdom.
The Intern position is a temporary, six (6) month, and part-time role within the IT Department. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with customer service skills. The right candidate will work diligently to maintain the IT infrastructure for BRG's DC and Eastern US offices as well as provide ongoing support to customers.
- Respond to user requests for assistance related to all deployed hardware and software.
- Help customers with questions regarding usage of industry standard COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) applications.
- Work as part of a team, sharing duties with other IT personnel throughout the company.
- Develop skills and expertise with new technology, software and hardware in a dynamic environment.
- Administer Help Desk software.
- 1-3 years of IT experience, working in a similar capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have a positive, professional attitude.
- Knowledge of technology, hardware and software in a professional services environment (e.g., extensive knowledge of Windows 7 and Office 2010).
- Core Support hours for all BRG offices are from 8:00am-7:00pm. This shift will be between those hours
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.