Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is actively pursuing a water resources engineer to work in our Atlanta office. The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative skillsets to support municipal, state, federal and private projects in the southeast and throughout the nation. This is an engaging and high impact position in which the successful candidate will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with stormwater management and design, green infrastructure (GI), low impact development (LID), hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analysis, water quantity and water quality analysis, and watershed management projects. The successful candidate will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity.
- Support and/or lead stormwater management projects focused on green infrastructure and low impact development
- Support and/or lead in the design analysis through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Support in the preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications)
- Support cost-benefit analysis
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Perform water quantity and quality modeling
- Analyze watershed and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports
- Assist with quality control and assurance
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred) in environmental/civil engineering (or a related field)
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) certification in the State of Georgia with 4-7 years of relevant engineering experience
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in stormwater design and/or watershed management
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS preferred
- Desire to learn other design software programs
- Computer literate; knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Highly motivated
Tetra Tech only accepts resumes through its online process. Please apply at www.tetratech.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
No agencies or calls please.