IT Field Technician at Waste Connections
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Castaic, California
Job TitleIT Field Technician
Requisition Primary LocationCastaic, California
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
We have an immediate opening at our Castaic, CA office for an IT Field Technician supporting multiple locations in California. This position will be responsible for responding to and resolving a wide variety of system related issues using help desk incident management software in order to enhance end user productivity. The Technician will be the face of I.T. installing, configuring, or maintaining core WCI software applications and systems. Deploying new software releases and patches, setup new PCs and assist with telecom projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years or more of Network Administration
- Experience working with Microsoft OS and Office Applications
- Independent worker, self-starter, detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills
- Strong customer service and time management skills
- Coverage of field locations in multiple locations will require up to 40% of your work schedule including overnight stays
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least four of the following areas:
- Windows 7
- WYSE Winterms
- Citrix Server
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Phone systems
- Microsoft SQL databases
- Cisco routers / General Networking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st level support for workstations, including handling after hour calls as assigned.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Suite, PC and Laptop hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Maintain phone systems at multiple locations
- Microsoft windows end user configuration (profiles, printers, application configuration)
- Cisco router installation and configuration
- iPad, iPhone and cell phone configuration, troubleshooting, and repair
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)