Security Sergeant - Sweeny, TX at Denali Universal Services
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SWEENY, Texas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of military, law enforcement or security experience (or equivalent combination)
- Two years of management experience (may be cumulative)
- Possess, or ability to obtain upon employment, a Level II Non-Commissioned Security Officer certification in accordance with Texas rules and regulations
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to proficiently speak, read, understand and write English
- Two years of experience working in a refinery
- Two years of experience working in petrochemical or plant environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, to include Microsoft Outlook
- Certified in First Aid & CPR
- Apply knowledge of the techniques and practices involved in the physical protection of property, facilities, documents, and material in order to protect against trespassers, sabotage, vandalism, theft, fire, accident, etc.
- Apply knowledge of trespass laws, laws of search and seizure, and arrest in order to protect client and DUS employees, property and equipment, and to prevent future litigation concerning a violation of an individual’s civil rights
- Assess the seriousness of an incident and take immediate action to control or mitigate the situation, and to effectively initiate and direct activities required to preserve life and property
- Write operational and administrative reports and provide a detailed and accurate accounting orally or in writing of all aspects of an incident or event
- Provide operational and administrative briefings orally and/or in writing to subordinates and superiors
- Maintain knowledge of the duties, functions, and requirements of security officers assigned within area of responsibility
- Handle the responsibilities associated with supervision and management of resources and results of associated decisions
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and show proficiency in the ability to operate, to the client’s satisfaction, patrol vehicles and specialized equipment
- Assume duties as a rover as necessary
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various locations as required
- Commitment to Excellence: Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values: Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security: Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service: Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork: Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Leadership: Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Attention to Detail: Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate
- Communication Skills: Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
- Decision Making: Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option
Planning and Organizing: Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period
- Workforce Development: Effective in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of competent staff members
- Management: Plans, organizes, directs, monitors, and controls a group of one or more employees or one or more entities to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
Full-time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance, life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability insurance. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The employee will be required to work in a confined workspace such as a security guard post or patrol vehicle for extended periods of time and exposure to work assignments consisting of twelve-hour days and able to work day or night shifts as required. The majority of the work is performed in a refinery and railyard setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items up to 15 pounds. There may be a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
It is DUS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Doyon Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran)