Hadoop Administrator at kyros consultants inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Title: Hadoop Administrator
Location: San Diego, CA
As a key member of client’s fast-paced corporate IT team, you will work closely with Application Development team in DevOps model in capacity of Hadoop (Cloudera) Administrator.
Primary responsibilities includes:
- Performing routine Hadoop Admin tasks such planning, provisioning and maintaining Hadoop cluster environment.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting incidents, enabling security policies, capacity planning, performance tuning and upgrades.
- Managing data storage and compute resources for HDFS, HBase, Reporting cluster, YARN, QUARTZ and other components in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Proven track record with Cloudera Hadoop administration
- 2+ years administration experience on Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, YARN, QUARTZ and Zookeeper
- 5+ years hands-on experience with supporting Linux production environments
- 3+ years hands-on experience with scripting with bash, perl, ruby, or python
- Be able to manager HDFS disk space, replication and connection
- Proven track record with troubleshooting YARN jobs
- Proven track record with HBase Administration, tuning, regionserver size and memstore allocation
- Hands on Experience with Apache Drill installation and configuration
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, AIX, or other UNIX flavors
- Deep understanding of distributed Hadoop ecosystem, networking connectivity and IO throughput along with other factors that affect distributed system performance
- Working knowledge of automation tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Working knowledge of hardening Hadoop with Kerberos, TLS, and HDFS encryption
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology.
VISA & TRAVEL:
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence (only GC or USC)
- Ability to travel up to 10%.