Construction Project Manager - Los Angeles at Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Project Manager, LA Facilities Management
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco ("Bank") is one of twelve Reserve Banks that, along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., constitute the nation's central bank and acts as its operating arm in the nine western states and three U.S. territories. The mission of the Federal Reserve System ("System") is to promote low inflation, full employment and financial stability, and to provide services to financial institutions and the Treasury. The Bank aims to be one of the most admired and highly-respected public institutions, known for our public service, integrity, performance, innovation and respect.
As the Project Manager of Los Angeles Facilities Management, you will be responsible for the property's projects that may include, but are not limited to, construction, staff relocations, space reconfigurations, space refurbishments, and emergency repairs. This will include effective management of project activities and associated coordination as it pertains to resourcing, timing, funding, and project completion in collaboration with necessary stakeholders. Your skills and expertise as a customer-focused strategic leader, collaborator, and innovator will be key to managing the various responsibilities at both the Branch and District levels. As the Project Manager, you will be tasked with working with division leadership to identify opportunities to improve and simplify processes, resulting in greater strategic value to the Bank. In addition, you will set a positive tone for your areas of responsibility, demonstrating a commitment to the Bank's mission and our aspiration to build a OneBank culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create all required contract documentation, including scopes of service, scopes of work, and RFPs.
- Obtain and/or create cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Collaborate with Bank Procurement Department and Administrative Team to secure fully executed contracts, reconcile and approve invoices, and complete any other required tasks.
- Assist with the development, management, and timely update of budgets to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work with Bank Legal and Procurement departments to develop modifications to construction and service contracts as required.
- Manage all project contracts, files, budgets, and financial records.
- Prepare and manage project schedules including milestones and close out sequences.
- Act as the primary contact and control point for the established building standards.
- Coordinate the workspace planning drawings, specifications, and schedule with Bank customers and outside consultants.
- Conduct drawing and specification reviews with in-house staff and customer representative(s), which will include final sign off by all participatory parties.
- Coordinate any building permits and inspections as required.
- Perform acceptance inspections.
- Chair the construction and project coordination meetings.
- Create and deliver presentations as needed.
- Maintain as-built records drawing(s) of selected building systems to incorporate all changes and additions to the master drawing file.
- Work with designated analyst(s) in providing project descriptions and pictures to showcase the projects on the Bank and Facilities' portal.
- 5+ years of Project Management and/or Construction Management experience in positions of increasing responsibility with at least two years of leading major projects/initiatives.
- Finance experience in budgeting/cost estimating for projects, creating ROM's (Rough Order of Magnitude), estimating soft and hard costs. Knowledge of and experience with Federal Reserve System's budget guidelines and process preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Architecture, Electrical Mechanical Engineering and/or similar field of study a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills to manage competing and dynamic priorities, and multiple concurrent activities.
- Customer service oriented, flexible, and adaptable.
- Ability to read and understand complex construction documents and write contractual documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees from operations to leaders and executives, both internally and externally to the Bank.
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to evaluate the costs, risks and benefits associated with alternative actions before making decisions.
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to learn, synthesize and apply a range of information and experience quickly in new situations and settings.
- Strong collaboration skills with an ability to partner effectively with others in the pursuit of common goals.
- Exhibit the highest levels of personal and professional integrity at all times.
- Proven experience working with building tenants and customers to facilitate project completion within established schedules and budgets.
- Advanced PC Skills for MS Suite, including MS Project
- Periodic travel required to District locations.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our People proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.