Technical Manager, Digital Solutions Architect at Constellation Brands
Posted in Information Technology 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
The Digital solutions architect will provide the necessary thought leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of CBI’s Digital solutions architecture. This role will create deliverables that guide the direction of digital solutions (“to be” and “as is)” in response to disruptive forces while driving targeted business outcomes - including systems (applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared services to better match targeted business objectives. The role will extensively leverage emerging technology.
*Flexible on location with potential for remote*
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise digital system architectures to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a digital solutions architecture across emerging technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Collaborate with Enterprise architecture and application delivery groups to assess impact of the successful POC and develop / update solution architecture and standard for the technology solution being introduced
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
Core Competencies to be Successful
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LocationSan Francisco, California
Additional LocationsChicago, Illinois, Napa, California, San Antonio, Texas, Victor, New York
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaInformation Technology
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).