Sr Hazard Insurance Specialist at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Senior Hazard Insurance Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the company’s Insurance functions. The role is responsible for providing timely processing and payments of insurance bills. The Senior Hazard Insurance Specialist is recognized by peers as a “go to” subject matter expert and assists less experienced Hazard Insurance Specialists with questions and issues when the supervisor is not available.
- Monitor and process REO PSP premiums; prepare carrier remittance checks.
- Order PSP Hazard and Flood reports and process carrier remittances; review all loans to prevent false force placement.
- Use expertise to answer questions from less experienced Hazard Insurance Specialists.
- Set up insurance lines on new loans and verify accuracy of information in system.
- Support Customer Service queue when assistance is needed.
- Process and send foreclosure cancellations to insurance companies; follow-up on refund status until received.
- Process manual bill payments prior to expiration dates.
- Process and mail insurance disbursement checks on a daily basis.
- Process refund checks and update the system; take further action if it is necessary to determine reason(s) for refunds.
- Review flood zone information and update any missing information.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with applicable regulatory standards, guidelines, and rules established by the company, investors, state and federal regulatory authorities, and local ordinances.
- Participate in activities and projects to improve business and department performance.
- Review and reconcile accounts and amounts to ensure accuracy.
- Process daily insurance mail including policy renewals, cancellations, and premium requests.
- Follow Guild’s information security policies.
- Respond to consumer calls, written correspondence, and emails in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Provide daily, weekly and month-end productivity summaries.
- Respond to escalated customer service inquiries that cannot be resolved by more junior teammates.
- Support new hire training and work closely with less experienced employees.
- Participate and make recommendations related to staff changes, interviews, selection of new hires, internal promotions, performance evaluations, recognition, employee relations issues, and disciplinary actions.
- Share information and make recommendations to improve overall department performance and service levels, customer service initiatives, etc.
- Participate in creation of training materials and job aids, as well as any new rollouts or updates.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and when promised.
- Prepare complete and accurate call notes, documentation, etc., and update customer files in the system.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely response and resolution to customers’ requests.
- Participate in activities and projects designed to improve business performance.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses/technical training in Accounting or related field preferred, along with four or more years total work experience in back office financial services positions, preferably in insurance processing.
- Additional work experience in consumer relations/customer service positions preferred.
- Strong knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes and documents required by conventional and government mortgage loans, terminology, and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements related to insurance.
- Strong knowledge of the types of hazard insurance.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Basic math and accounting skills required.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- General supervision required, depending on experience level
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description