Senior UX/UI Designer at Vendini
Posted in Management 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
AS SENIOR UX/UI DESIGNER, YOUR 3 PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Engage with users in target market segments to identify pain points & product/feature opportunities
- Provide direct UX/UI support to Product Teams to build best-in-class digital product
- Monitor adoption, usage and business impact across portfolio of products.
This role drives the overall design and direction for all digital products, integrating user research and visual design throughout the process, and delivers all the UI elements to the Product Teams.
As Senior UX/UI Designer, you are expected to foster a highly collaborative culture, and partner with Product, Engineering, Quality Assurance and a broad array of internal & external stakeholders to ensure a simple, focused and delightful user experience for the Vendini Solutions.
You are ultimately accountable for the overall user experience for the entire Vendini product portfolio.
- Establish a vision & system for overall experiences across desktop, mobile and tablet experiences.
- Lead the definition & development of design guidelines for the company.
- Drive user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps.
- Ensure world class design quality end-to-end, across all design competencies (e.g. visual, content, motion, interaction design, prototyping and user experience research).
- Develop annotated low, medium and high fidelity design assets, ensuring the offering of multiple concepts to help elicit meaningful feedback
- Create design artifacts such as journey maps, site maps, flow diagrams, prototypes and others to help communicate the design approach and to gain alignment across stakeholders
- Create prototypes for testing and to flesh-out designs and refine interactions.
- Revise and update designs and documentation based on continuing user testing and customer feedback
- Lead, mentor, support and grow a cross functional design team of user experience designers and user interface designers.
- Communicate to executives overall design approach and deliverables.
- Balance stakeholders' wishes, business needs, and design practices.
- Bring products and services to market quickly in an agile development environment.
- Centralize the voice of design for current needs and future growth.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Provide accurate deliverable estimates on key projects.
- Drive the customer first approach through UX strategy and design thinking.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of group and organizational goals.
- Drive cross-team alignment on the UX vision.
- Promote internal education and coach less experienced designers.
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across functions.
- Foster a culture that encourages innovation, ownership, collaboration and autonomy.
- A Bachelor Degree in relevant domain.
- A portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/or applications.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work with users to understand key requirements and design complete user experiences that drive adoption and usage.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
Competitive salary + Great benefits
*Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
“Diversity is a core value at Vendini. Diverse opinions, ideas, and experience push us, challenge us, and all our whole team to work better and smarter. We know that the more diverse our workforce is, the better we support our customers and the diverse interests they represent. We aim to provide an inclusive, empowering, and supportive work environment for individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life throughout our business from our employees to our members to their patrons.”
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
See job description